Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup DLO 6.1 MP6

Jaxom
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I have a NetBackup DLO 6.1 MP6 setup and

1. On my user's DLO Desktop Agent, at the restore view screen where I can see the list of documents (and their respective versions). I can right click and Open a document for viewing. Is this normal?

2. If this is working as intended, is there a way to disable this?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

& unfortunately I personally have no experience of the product at all.

1. I find that the ability to actually open a  document at the restore screen seems a little unusual (altho' I am used to tape backups ;) ) but that's not to say that it's not normal! I suppose it depends upon where the data is held & 'your' access to it.
  2. There are various levels of security that can be set per the Admin Guide, but maybe not at the granularity that you require - i.e. if access is granted to restore then access is granted to the files?

I presume you do have access to some version of the Admin Guide? From a very quick look through the following I could find nothing that directly answers your question, maybe you'll have better luck if you've not tried it already?

www.symantec.com/business/support/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/TECHNICAL_SOLUTION/49000/TECH49507/en_US/285730.pdf

As I say, I personally have no experience in DLO so the above could be totally erroneous for which I humbly apologise!