cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Deduplication Multi-Threaded Agent service terminated

Hermann_O
Level 3

Hello everyone,

since updating our NetBackup Agents from 8.0 to 8.1.1 on some SQL Servers we receive the following error message after every single database backup:

First informational messsage (ID 7036):

The NetBackup Deduplication Multi-Threaded Agent service entered the stopped state.

Then the error (ID 7024) occurs:

The NetBackup Deduplication Multi-Threaded Agent service terminated with the following service-specific error:
The operation completed successfully.

Since this isn't happening on all SQL Servers I've reinstalled the Agent on an affected one which didn't solve the issue.

The mtstrmd Log in NetBackup\logs\pdde shows the following error for each error id 7024:

November 21 02:11:33 ERR [000000AB95811BD0]: -1: mtstrmd.exe aborting with error: boost::interprocess::intermodule_singleton initialization failed

Antivirus exclusion for the NBU folders is defined and restore tests have been done -> works without issues!

Do you have any idea what is going on here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

this weekend there've been a scheduled maintenance window for this SQL Server so we've been able to reboot the server.

This solved the issue.

Interesting is there's another sql server with the same setup and whithout any issues and where no reboot has been done as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Tousif
Level 6

Hello,

Have you tried to reboot the storage server?

Regards,

Hi Tousif.

thanks for your reply.

Yes, the storage server was already rebooted.

As additional information, client side dedupe is used.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

My gutfeel is that the 8.1.1 is probably more resource intensive and that you may need to check/change settings on affected clients.

Have a look at configurable parameters over here:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/25074086-127355784-0/v95643004-127355784

HTH

Hello Marianne,

actually one of the affected clients is not busy at all - anyway the issue occurs.

I've just checked the following:

Backup of a database with less than 1GB size and a bored SQL server (CPU less than 10%, enough RAM and NIC with no traffic) > same issue.

Any other idea?

Thanks in advance.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

No other ideas, sorry.

I guess it's time to log a call with Veritas Support.
Please let know what the outcome is.

Hello,

this weekend there've been a scheduled maintenance window for this SQL Server so we've been able to reboot the server.

This solved the issue.

Interesting is there's another sql server with the same setup and whithout any issues and where no reboot has been done as well.