Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Java Admin Console 9.1.0.1

DPeaco
   VIP   

NetBackup 9.1.0.1

OS - RedHat Enterprise Linux 8.6

We upgraded from 8.3.0.1 to 9.1.0.1 and ever since we upgraded, my team and I are having issues with the Java Admin Console giving us this message after a few minutes of activity:

"socket connection to the nb-java user service has been broken."

This requires us to break out of the admin console, wait a few minutes and then log back in to the console. We did not have this issue with 8.3.0.1. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what did you do to resolve this problem?

Thanks,
Dennis
2 REPLIES 2

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hey

I am seeing similar issues with one of my 9101 - but the server for that is in DR site - so I think this is network related issues. In my scenario it is only a matter of pressing refresh button and it is working back fine. Of course there are times that I have to exit Java GUI and log back in again....

I was not fighting with that as this is only for DR catcher domain....

DPeaco
   VIP   

Well, we did adjust a couple of timeout settings that used to work better but now with the upgrade of 9.1.0.1, the timeout settings appear to not be working or something else is breaking the communications traffic to the admin console. Worse case, I'll open a support case on this to see what needs to be done.

Thanks,
Dennis