cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Java console views

DPO
Level 6

I'm aware that we can restrict users to different components of NetBackup Java console. But is there also a way for a particular user to restrict backup policies. Meaning user should be able to view/manage only the backup policies that are explicity given.

7 REPLIES 7

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

in Java console, you can restrict users only to certain activities, not certain subsets of objects (of any type - policies, storage units, clients, etc...).

Outside java console, in the 8.1.2 WebUI, you can appoint Workload Administrators with access to VMware policies/objects only. That is the only exception.

regards

Michal

Thanks for your response. I'm aware of this however I'm looking to restrict view/manage access to particular backup policies. I think we can try this in OpsCenter view builder ?

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

OpsCenter generally is just for viewing NetBackup entities, not managing them.

Regards

Michal

Genericus
   VIP   

I think that this might be available in 8.1.2, for example you can set views so your oracle dba can only view RMAN oracle backups, and your SQL admins can only see sql backups.

You would have to review how it works to plan your policies to allow segmentation as you desire.

Suggest you watch the 8.1.2 videos - I think they show this.

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

Mouse

If you don't need a lot of management, i.e. modification of policies and basic operations like view, run a manual backup, stop a job, see reports - this all can be done in OpsCenter. You need to create a group of hosts associated with a view and give access to specific people to this view. This will allow them to operate on entities related to the objects they have access to. 

Thanks for the response. I have setup OpsCenter views but I'm specificially looking for Java console options

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

I think you'll find that the features you are looking for will not be developed in the Java GUI. 

The web UI introduced into 8.1.2 will be where these features will be found. At this stage the web UI really only supports VMware workloads but additional capabilities and workloads will be added over time.