Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup NBAC Enable leads NB Services Down

punbs
Level 4
Certified

Hi All,

In a plan, I went to enable the NBAC on my standalone master server Using: \Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bpnbaz -setupmaster

Output ----

You will have to restart NetBackup services on this machine after the command completes successfully.
Do you want to continue(y/n)y
Gathering configuration information.
Please be patient as we wait for 10 sec for the security services to start their operation.
Generating identity for host 'nbmaster'
Setting up basic authorization information. Please be patient.
Basic authorization information generated successfully.
Granting authorization check permissions to host 'nbmaster'
Configuring authentication domains within Netbackup
Setting up authorization information in Netbackup configuration files.
Setting up NBAC on target host: nbmaster
Warning: NetBackup Master Server is currently configured in AUTOMATIC mode. Security will be enforced only in REQUIRED mode. This can be done after entire NetBackup domain is configured with NBAC
Operation completed successfully.

---------------------------

But after restarting my NBU Services i found that most of the netbackup services are not running. In event viewer i can see error EMM initilisation failure 334.

Post couple of R&D i dint resolve this issue. Finally i disabled the NBAC in Registry using USE_VXSS = PROHIBITED

After Server Restart, Services came up successfully.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

It does seem like Windows 2012 R2 is supported with NBAC from 7.6.0.3. See:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/library/BUSINESS/xCL/TECH76648/nbu_76_scl.html#operating_systems-microsoft_windows_server_2012

Did you patch before enabling NBAC ?

View solution in original post

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

I have tested this with Win2k12 with Netbackup 7.6.0.4 and it worked seemlessly. 

You can try to start a service and then just see the corrosponding error in the venet viewer. It should give you a good idea. 

Also make sure you run the bpdown and bpup command by first loggin in to nbaz. You should use the bpnbat -login.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

punbs
Level 4
Certified

Guys, Just now tried in new installation on Windows 2008 Server, NBU 7.6.1

It worked without any issue.

I suspect any compatibility issue with Windows 2012/2012R2 Because my earlier test was on Win2012.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

It does seem like Windows 2012 R2 is supported with NBAC from 7.6.0.3. See:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/library/BUSINESS/xCL/TECH76648/nbu_76_scl.html#operating_systems-microsoft_windows_server_2012

Did you patch before enabling NBAC ?

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

I have tested this with Win2k12 with Netbackup 7.6.0.4 and it worked seemlessly. 

You can try to start a service and then just see the corrosponding error in the venet viewer. It should give you a good idea. 

Also make sure you run the bpdown and bpup command by first loggin in to nbaz. You should use the bpnbat -login.