Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Support For Azure

NodM
Not applicable
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

Now we all know that NetBackup now has some enhanced support for S3 but i deal with a number of customers that are going down the Azure route. When will Veritas be providing native support for this like CA and CommVault, the whole Veritas Cloud story seems to be geared up to meet the North American market, being in Australia i don't see a lot of companies using AT&T, RackSpace or Nirvanix so they are only left with Amazon S3. Does Veritas have Native Azure support on the roadmap? and when is this likely to be released as i see a huge potential for other companies like CommVault to poach business using this as a loophole.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

A cloud connector for Azure is on the roadmap. For a deeper answer you should contact local Veritas pre-sales support.

~ Nicolai

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

A cloud connector for Azure is on the roadmap. For a deeper answer you should contact local Veritas pre-sales support.

~ Nicolai

luke_graves_195
Level 2

Netbackup is completely unable to credential itself in Azure cloud. They have a plugin for Azurestack and I've done my dead level best to try to get it to work in Azure cloud but I've so far been unsuccessful. It's frustrating they have all the major pieces they need to make this work already coded. Since my environment is completely in Azure I don't understand why a lot of the variables the the azurestack plugin can't be discovered by the code itself once I provide it with it's own account given the proper credentials. I'm under tremendous pressure to test Commvault as they make the claim they can do what Netbackup cannot. I don't understand how Veritas has allowed their competition a huge advantage over them like this. We need this now and may not be able to wait on Veritas to wake up.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@luke_graves_195

I see that you have posted here about your new query:
https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Netbackup-for-Azure-Cloud-backups/m-p/862292

This post was purely to enquire about NBU connector to backup TO Azure.