cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Vault

randes2000
Level 4

Master server Solaris 10 SPARC - Netbackup 7.7.3

I recently added a profile to my Vault. The Vault now has two profiles.  The original profile has been working for years.  Today on the vault policy schedule, the only profile that ran was the new profile.  Vault documentation does not have any help on this issue.

Can someone explain how I can get both profiles to run in a single Vault?

The reason for the second profile is complicated and maybe has another solution.  I recently added LTO6 tapes to our inventory as we recently installed a new library with LTO6 drives.  We have over 3000 relatively new LTO5 tapes, so I need to continue using them.  I want our largest backup jobs to use the LTO6 tapes for now.  The only solution I could see was to move the LTO6 tapes to a new offsite volume pool and have the large jobs write to that pool.  That is working.   The problem is Vault.  I don't want Vault to eject empty tapes in the new offsite pool.  My solution was to create a custom Vault profile to handle the large jobs and new offsite pool.  That also worked this week.

I am either looking for a better solution to my LTO6 tape issue, or find a way to get the two profiles to run.   Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2

randes2000
Level 4

Looks like I found the solution.  Netbackup Vault does not eject empty tapes.  I had never tested this before today.   Sorry for the bother.

Genericus
   VIP   

You can also specify within the vault definition specific pools, so you can run one vault for old pools and a second vault for new pools.

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS