cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup are gathering for their very first AMA

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The Symantec NetBackup team is doing an AMA tomorrow. Got questions? We've got the answers

With all kinds of good stuff going on in the world of NetBackup, we wanted to make sure that we get together with anyone and everyone that has any questions. With that in mind, the brains behind all that is NetBackup are gathering for their very first AMA. We have assembled folks from around the world to converge on Reddit at 1.00 pm EDT; Friday, 13 March. We will be there for 2 hours to answer any and all questions pertaining to NetBackup (insert legalese disclaimer about what we are allowed to talk about here).
The team will include members of the product planning, development, support, QA & senior leadership teams. We'll talk, we'll laugh, some might hoot and or holler, but in the end… we will answer your questions. See you then

http://symc.ly/1MvIx9U

7 REPLIES 7

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

And of us in Europe that would be 18:00 CET 

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

All I would like to see is Product Management showing interest in Connect...

There complete absense (even from Partner perspective) is a big let-down. 
The last PM to show interest in Connect and Partner groups was Alex Davies.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Couldn't agree more about Ideas...

I have learned that Ideas on Connect is where all good Ideas come to die.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Agree with Marianne than the Product Managers should to look at Connect, at least the Ideas section for their product.

EDIT:

Think that there should a commitment from Product Managers to try to incoporate the 3 most popular ideas in the next patch/release of their product.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Learned the hard way that if you wanted something be considered, you have to create a support case and not accept to be told to create as an idea.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Marrianne and Michael, thank you for bringing that up. I will be working further with Marketing and Product Management to make sure Connect is given the love it deserves. 

Nicolai, getting something started durring bussiness hours for CET is also on my list.

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Here is the link to the discussion, in case any were interested....

We are the Veritas NetBackup team AMaA