cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup client upgrades

elanmbx
Level 6

All I want to do is push 8.2 client upgrades from my NBU Appliance environment (most clients are 8.0).  I see that VXUpdate is required to accomplish this?

I've been wandering around the support site all morning trying to figure out how to make this happen.  It's giving me fits and I'm about to throw in the towel. 

Can someone point me to concise documentation on how to make this happen?

Thanks in advance... 

5 REPLIES 5

vtas_chas
Level 6
Employee

Have you taken a look at the 8.2 Upgrade guide?  Chapter 7 is all about VxUpdate.

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances

Krutons
   VIP   

Download the vxupdate files from my.veritas. Open the software share on your appliance and move the vxupdate files over. Once they are on your appliance, use the nbrepo command to add them to the repository.

I'm having trouble finding those packages for download - our entitlements are only NetBackup Appliance entitlements, and I don't see those download packages anywhere in the Appliance section...

Krutons
   VIP   

Yea I couldn't find them under my appliance license either but I have them under other licenses. I would reach out to your Veritas rep/open a ticket with support.

Here is an example of what they look like.

vxupdate_nb_8.2_redhat_x64.sja
vxupdate_nb_8.2_windows_x64.sja

You have to have a software entitlement with the hardware (you can't use an appliance without FETB being licensed).  Your login might not be able to see everything maybe?  I'm not an expert on Download center and all the changes made there, sorry.

The other steps provided are what you'd definitely want to follow.  I've done this with appliances and it definitely works.

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances