cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup error code 96

greatashkan
Level 3

HI everybody,

I'm using Netbackup 8.0. It's about a week that I have error 96 on my policies that backup the data straight on the tape.

since last week the error 96 appeared. I have checked everything but I couldn't find any reason for the error. The error message is like below:

Nov 11, 2017 9:18:14 AM - Info nbjm (pid=2492) starting backup job (jobid=12397) for client HQ-CMS-Storage, policy HQ-CMSStorage, schedule Inc
Nov 11, 2017 9:18:14 AM - Info nbjm (pid=2492) requesting STANDARD_RESOURCE resources from RB for backup job (jobid=12397, request id:{0868A586-A072-42DD-B6EB-4D8D01582BBB})
Nov 11, 2017 9:18:14 AM - requesting resource HQ-Tape01
Nov 11, 2017 9:18:14 AM - requesting resource sky-backup01.digikala.net.NBU_CLIENT.MAXJOBS.HQ-CMS-Storage
Nov 11, 2017 9:18:14 AM - Error nbjm (pid=2492) NBU status: 96, EMM status: No media is available
unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none available (96)

Thanks

Ashkan

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Tell us about STU HQ-Tape01.
Is this a standalone drive or robotic STU?

Which density is the STU, the tape drive(s) and media?
Which pool and retention for the policy?
Have you checked that media is available in this pool or Scratch pool?
If you have, where are the available tapes?

Thanks for the response

It is a robotic STU.

Capture.JPG

density is hcart - 1/2 inch cartridge.

Capture.JPG

The policies retention is infinity and the pool includes of five tapes  which are not full.

In NBU, SLP is working correctly but thsi backup is not working. In all of my tape-straight I have the problem.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Are the 5 'non full' tapes also Infinity retention?
If not, you need new tapes. NBU does not mix retention levels.
It can be enabled but NOT a good idea. Especially when mixing Infinity with other levels. Those tapes will NEVER become available again when Full.