cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup features/updates beyond 7.0.1

GlenG
Level 4

Where can I get details on the feature(s)/update(s) that are expected in the next update to NetBackup 7?

Thanks,

GlenG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ed_Wilts
Level 6

Anything planned for an upcoming release is available under NDA only because ALL new features are tentative until they ship.

Many of us have received this information through our various discussions with Symantec and via the NetBackup Customer Forum back in October but we've all signed NDAs and can't post about them publicly.  I accidentally did that once thinking the specific feature was public knowledge already and my phone rang within an hour so I could be reprimanded.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ed_Wilts
Level 6

Anything planned for an upcoming release is available under NDA only because ALL new features are tentative until they ship.

Many of us have received this information through our various discussions with Symantec and via the NetBackup Customer Forum back in October but we've all signed NDAs and can't post about them publicly.  I accidentally did that once thinking the specific feature was public knowledge already and my phone rang within an hour so I could be reprimanded.

GlenG
Level 4

I remeber seeing a list for 6.5.5.  I do not remember the timing but it was not a forum post.  It sticks in my mind because it listed as "new" features that we were using with 6.5.4.

I get NBU support from Oracle.

Thanks for the info,

GlenG