cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup for PostgreSQL on Docker Image - How to

me-ver-91
Level 4

Hello,

If I want to configure NetBackup for PostgreSQL but PostgreSQL is on a Docker image, is it the same process as if PostgreSQL was on a normal server?

Where should the NBU agent + plugin be installed? on the VM or Application Plugin?

Thanking you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@me-ver-91 

I am almost too scared to ask if you have read the the documentation....

From the doc that @pats_729 shared, it is clear that the normal NBU client and agent cannot be installed in the PostgreSQL container.

The NetBackup Client for Docker is a separate Container.

Page 4 describes the deployment options for the NetBackup Client Container that will be used to protect the application.

It also describes how 'dump and sweep' approach can be used.

There is then a section for each option with detailed explanation that includes diagrams.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pats_729
Level 6
Employee

@me-ver-91 

You can have NBU Client as containerized but not sure if you can install agent for postgre into that.

Here is the guide how you can create a containerize NBU Client.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@me-ver-91 

I am almost too scared to ask if you have read the the documentation....

From the doc that @pats_729 shared, it is clear that the normal NBU client and agent cannot be installed in the PostgreSQL container.

The NetBackup Client for Docker is a separate Container.

Page 4 describes the deployment options for the NetBackup Client Container that will be used to protect the application.

It also describes how 'dump and sweep' approach can be used.

There is then a section for each option with detailed explanation that includes diagrams.

I hope this helps.