cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup media server with multiple vLans

moheet
Level 3

Hello guys,

We are facing some backup performance issues on one of our environment. The issue is not related to NBU but to OS or network side but I would really appreciate if someone has experienced such issue before can help me out.

Our media server is physical (Windows 2012 R2). It has one phyical NIC which is connected to different vLans via vlan tagging. Also trunking is enabled on the media server because the nearest switch has it. So our media server has 10 different IPs. 

So sometimes our backup throughput just goes down the ditch and after troubleshooting for hours we found that by just disabling and enabling some Ethernet Adapters fixes the backup throughput.

I would really appreciate if some of you know parmanent fix. To me it looks like the issue is at Micsrosoft.

2 REPLIES 2

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am wondering if the adapter is coping with the load well enough. Of course there could be just a bug in a driver (check if you using latest version) and it's also worth checking how many VLANs this card can officially support, there could be a limitation there.

Hi there,

VLAN Overview

An adapter or team can support up to 64 VLANs.

Also it has latest driver installed.

Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter X520-2