Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup problem

DjamelAD
Not applicable

Experts,

We have a strange behavior on our backup:

Product: Veritas NetBackup 4.5, OS: Solaris 9.

On policy schedule tab (See image below), when we deactivate the option “Retries allowed after runday” no backup is performed and the bpsched logfile shows “No backup due to run”.

When we activate the option “Retries allowed after runday”, backups run normally but repeats until the tape or the disk is full or backup window closed even if the backups complete successfully.

I have verified everything (calendar, schedule, backup window)

Has anyone experienced this before? Your help is highly needed.

Thank you,

DjamelAD.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please understand that the CURRENT version of NBU is 7.0.1 - every single patch/update since 4.5 contained improvements to Calendar based scheduling.

I am personally still 'old school' - I prever to use Frequency Based scheduling for daily and weekly schedules and only use calendar for schedules that cannot be done with Frequency, such as monthly and yearly.

The problem with backups that keep on running is an old problem that pops up in all versions.

Creating a new policy normally fixes the problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please understand that the CURRENT version of NBU is 7.0.1 - every single patch/update since 4.5 contained improvements to Calendar based scheduling.

I am personally still 'old school' - I prever to use Frequency Based scheduling for daily and weekly schedules and only use calendar for schedules that cannot be done with Frequency, such as monthly and yearly.

The problem with backups that keep on running is an old problem that pops up in all versions.

Creating a new policy normally fixes the problem.