cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup scripts available (new version, still free!)...

Stephan_Wasserr
Level 2
Our NetBackup scripts are now at version 2.6...

What's new? Some fixes and some changes to make them compatible with NetBackup 6.

Requirements: "perl"... These scripts are geared towards an Unix environment...

What does these scripts do? They handle several areas, where we wanted to augment the basic NetBackup system with more/better functionality. These scripts offer:
- A decent reporting system (daily, weekly, monthly mails).
- A vaulting system without copying tapes, handling two offsite locations.
- A pool rotation scheme, making shure that two consecutive backup-runs of one policy allways go to different tape sets.
- A much better utility than available_media...

If you want to know more, search this forum for "wasserroth" :)

The scripts are available at:
ftp://fokus.fraunhofer.de/pub/vst/netbackup

Take care: these scripts are working for us, but take a good look before you are using them at your site!

Have fun!
Stephan
13 REPLIES 13

Kelvin_Leoh
Level 3
Hi,

Good job and thanks for sharing. However I could not access the FTP site. Can you upload to somewhere else like rapidshare.de or etc?

Thanks in advanced.

Stephan_Wasserr
Level 2
Sorry, we will not put our software on foreign servers...
What was the problem with the FTP? At least some people on the Internet did allready fetched the current version without problems...

Stephan_Wasserr
Level 2
Gulp... now I see: the ftp-link was wrong -- sorry everybody...

Please use this link:
ftp://ftp.fokus.fraunhofer.de/pub/vst/netbackup

SanAkula
Level 2

I'm new to scripting, I need netbackup scripts which sends an email to users about the backup directories being backedup every month...

If anybody has that script can you pl. share that script so I can run that script every month to update my users what we are backing up every month.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Srikanth_Gubbal
Level 6
Certified
how about the script given by karthik, in the earlier post asked by you. it didn't worked? or else best way is to go with NetBackup Operations Manager, i am 100 % sure it does auto reporting once configured.

Taqadus_Rehman
Level 6
 Scripting is a powerful tool to work in unix based plateform but in windows NOM is a best tool to work with and It almost cover all the required quries.

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
But I am not satisfied with NOM as of 6.5.4.

Hope it will satisfy me in future versions :)

Taqadus_Rehman
Level 6
 karthik......I agree with you...there is nothing like scripting but some thing is better then nothing....

angerino_2222
Not applicable
Hi,

The link provided by Stephan Wasserroth :  ftp://ftp.fokus.fraunhofer.de/pub/vst/netbackup is empty, i would like to get all of those scripts, please Stephan if you can update us with a new link that is working or if anyone else has loaded the script and can send it to me as well at my email adress: angerino_2222@hotmail.com.

Thank you very much for your help,

i really do appreciate.

JeroenH1
Level 3
Same goes for me! If someone has those scripts somewhere around, I would be most grateful to have them. (email address: jeroenh1@gmail.com) thanks Jeroen

T_N
Level 6
what's going on nothing in ftp://ftp.fokus.fraunhofer.de/pub/vst/netbackup, please double check on it, thanks

T

Stumpr2
Level 6

It is an old thread and tha author probably has moved on to other career oppoertunities by now.

T_N
Level 6
anyone already downed load it, please upload it , thanks.