cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup support in multi language environment

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, my master server and media server are both NBU 7.0.1 on Windows 2008 R2. Recently I encounter one issue: most of our servers are using English as default. But some servers are using some other languages due to application requirements. For example, I have one server which uses English version OS (windows 2003 SP2)  but it uses Japanese for non-unicode programs in Regional and Language Options. 

I can install NBU 7.0.1 in the server and the backup completed successfully. But when I tried to test to restore, it was unable to restore the required file. In Details tab in Acivity Monitor, it shows: 

3/10/2011 3:00:31 PM - Warning bptm(pid=8256) failure logging message to client client01.abc.com in log /C/Program��Files/Veritas/NetBackup/logs/user_ops/Admin000/logs/NBWIN003:  server not allowed access (46)

I checked with some friends and one of them told me it may be due to language settings and asked me to change it to English for non-unicode programs. However, I cannot change it as Japanese is required for its application.

Does anyone encounter similar case before? Is it true that the servers must use English as default language for non-unicode porgrams? If my servers are running in multi language environment, how to use NBU? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems like a 'normal' connectivity issue.

Please create bpcd log dir on client  client01.abc.com, then run this test from master and media server:

bptestbpcd -verbose -client client01.abc.com

Please post output of command as well as client's bpcd log.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

From the Master, the Client or another PC? Are your SERVER entries correct to allow for this restore?

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I tried to start BAR from the master server as well as the client itselft to do the restore. I got the same error. Server entries are correct.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems like a 'normal' connectivity issue.

Please create bpcd log dir on client  client01.abc.com, then run this test from master and media server:

bptestbpcd -verbose -client client01.abc.com

Please post output of command as well as client's bpcd log.