Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup with Enterprise Vault 12

ChayDouglas
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hey,

Has anyone tried the Enterprise Vault Feature of Netbackup with Enterprise Vault 12? Had any luck?

I know it is marked as "Pending" in the EV Compatibility charts and not mentioned in the NetBackup Compatibilities, but wondering if anyone has got it working?

NetBackup is working well with EV 11.0.1 but now upgrading to EV12 and don't want to have to revert back to scheduling maintenance and backup scripts etc

Cheers
Chay

https://www.mirrorsphere.com/enterprise-vault-services/

6 REPLIES 6

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

actually I was a bit surprised that it is not supported in 7.7.3 yet, 4 months after EV12 release.

However I recommend to wait for this support - EV agent is too complex and even if it can appear to be working in some configurations, I wont rely on it. I did not also personally test it.

Michal

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

certification is still "Pending" in EV compatibility matrix released on July 1st..

Michal

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

still Pending (!) in EV matrix released on November, 4th.

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000097605      

Also not mentioned in NBU matrix yet.

I have also personally tested EV12 with NBU 7.7.3 and it was failing with error 2 (EV resource resolvation failed) or 69 (invalid filelist).

Michal

Michal_Mikulik1

According to PM this support will be available in NBU 8.0 coming this December.

Michal

Marianne
Level 6

Veritas seem to slipping with quaterly updates. 7.7.3 was released in June.

One would think that another 7.7.x.x update would be released to add support for new product versions, such as EV, Windows 16, Exchange CU updates, etc... ? 

Backup Exec has already released BE16 with support for Windows 16 and other updates.

Were there not enough users complaining to Support, local SE's and PM? 

Michal_Mikulik1

I have discussed this with my local PM and there will be no 7.7.4.

7.7.x (7.7.3) is being continuosly developed into 8.0 release. So situation when e.g. 7.5.0.7 contained bug fixes not yet contained in 7.6.0.1 should not occur more.

Michal