cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netabckup 6.5 Standard Client Installation on Destination two Node cluster.

soofy
Level 4
I have not found any way to install Netabackup 6.5 standard client on destination two node oracle cluster. Can anybody guide what will be the procedure to install a standard client on two node microsoft cluster servers. Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Install client to both nodes using their node names as regular clients (do not choose "perform clustered installation of NetBackup" during the installation)

Once you will have them installed, go to your master server and run these commands:

nbemmcmd -addhost -machinename virtual_name -machinetype app_cluster
where virtual_name is the virtual name of the application.

nbemmcmd -updatehost -add_server_to_app_cluster -machinename node_name -machinetype client -clustername virtual_name -netbackupversion 6.5 -masterserver master_name
where virtual_name is the virtual name of the application.

For more information see 

Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.5 High Availability Guide ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/290237.pdf

Chapter

Enhanced media server configuration

The only difference you need to make sure that you mention "client" and not "media" in the nbemmcmd -updatehost

soofy
Level 4
I am going to perform a Local Client installation on the destination cluster server. What is procedure to install. I mean should I first install on active node then failover netbackup group to other node and install there. OR I should install staright forward on the active node and passive node?

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
NetBackup will contact the active host which is handling virtual IP address automatically.

You should not touch your cluster at all, you need to install these clients using their respective node names, and do the steps I mentioned in post above