cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 5 or lower client binary

s_john
Level 3

Hi,

I am looking for NetBackup Version 5(or lower) client software for HP-UX 10.20 PA-RISC HP9000.

Last supported Veritas Netbackup client version for HP-UX 10.20 operating system, was version 3.4 (3.4.1). But it appears that NBU client version 4.5 as well as 5.x are operational on HP-UX 10.20 clients. (But not supported from Veritas )

If anybody can share any of these version, it will we very helpful for me.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@s_john 

I have contacted someone-I-know at Veritas.

The absolute oldest NBU version on their internal download site is NetBackup6.0MP4.

So your only hope is that someone else in this forum have a set of old cd's somewhere in the back of a cupboard...

Holding thumbs that someone maybe able to assist.

I really feel sorry for backup admins who are expected to backup applications and OS that is no longer supported by any vendor. 

I would personally push back on this.
Ask system owners to create an NFS share on a supported system. 
Create a dump of data to be protected on the share, and then backup the dump-files with currently supported NBU software.

Thank you for your answer Marianne. appreciated

Waiting for anybody else having the old binary. Even copy from the already installed system is also ok(I guess)

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

@s_john  I might have an old 3.4.X CD at home, will check I when get home.

Curious about which version Master and Media server you plan on running this 3.4-5.X legacy client against

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

thank you. Appreciated

My master server is 8.0 . I will try my luck. I need only file backup. So, I guess it will be ok

I have seen some posts that NBU version upto 5.x work with HP-UX 10.20, even though not supported.

Incase you have 4.x or 5.x, please do share that also. Unix client packages is enough 

Hi Michael, May I know you were able to find the CDs ? John