Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6.0: Migrating from HPUX to Solaris

sQew
Level 3
Certified

Hi,

We are planning to migrate our existing master server running on HPUX 11.11 to a new Sun Servers runs on Solaris 10.  What is the impact that i  should look in? What is the recommended steps for me before we migrate netbackup master server from HPUX to Solaris?

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

pinchaser
Level 3

I have not migrated from HP-UX to Solaris 10 but did from Linux to Solaris 10 about 2 years ago. I did not upgrade Netbackup during the migration but have since.  The documented process went well from Veritas. It took a couple hours including Netbackup installation time. To be safe, I had both servers available to me and was not dependant on tapes to recover the catalog and database. But that is the process, new istall, recover the catalog and database. Then reconfigure the tape drives.

I would look at Netbackup Tuning for Solaris 10 ... it is different then previous versions of Solaris (uses projects instead of /etc/services). As well, I would study how to tune the other parameters... NET_BUFFER_SZ, SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS, SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS_DISK (if you will have disk to backup to), NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS, NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS_RESTORE, NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS, NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS_DISK if you are not already familiar.

Other than these things it is fairly straight forward.