cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6.0MP7 and LTO-4 library

jbach2003
Level 3

Good morning:

My company currently uses Netbackup 6.0MP7 on Windows Server 2003 R2 and a DLT tape library. Thankfully, we are finally getting an upgraded LTO-4 tape library. I wanted to check with the community here for a couple of things:

1. Are there any known compatibility issues between my version of Netbackup and LTO-4?

2. Does my version of Netbackup even support LTO-4?

3. Are there any white papers or instructions on this site that someone can point me to in order to prepare for the library switch (i.e. how to setup Netbackup to start utilizing the new tape library, how to prep Netbackup for the move, etc)

Thanks in advance for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You are not saying which make/model is the library? Or the LTO4 drives?

Best to follow installation/user guide supplied by library manufacturer.

All NBU needs is for OS to see devices and have device drivers installed. Removable Storage Manager service must be stopped and disabled.

Biggest problem with your environment is the fact that all NBU 6.x versions will reach EOSL on 3 October 2012.
YOU NEED TO UPGRADE NBU as a matter of urgency.

All compatibility guides can be found here: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH59978

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You are not saying which make/model is the library? Or the LTO4 drives?

Best to follow installation/user guide supplied by library manufacturer.

All NBU needs is for OS to see devices and have device drivers installed. Removable Storage Manager service must be stopped and disabled.

Biggest problem with your environment is the fact that all NBU 6.x versions will reach EOSL on 3 October 2012.
YOU NEED TO UPGRADE NBU as a matter of urgency.

All compatibility guides can be found here: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH59978