cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6.5.3 - Exch 2007 Information Store backup erroring with status 69

adp1
Level 3
Greetings,

I have a policy for an exchange server that has worked for the past 6 months, then about a week ago began failing with status 69.  

Master/Media servers are Linux Suse 10, Netbackup 6.5.3
Exchange server is Windows 2003/Exchange 2007/Netbackup 6.5.3 client

I have 9 other Exchange servers with identical policies, and this one is the only one having the problem. 

The following is the error detail from the job:

05/21/2009 08:25:34 - connecting
05/21/2009 08:25:34 - connected; connect time: 0:00:00
05/21/2009 08:26:04 - Error bpbrm (pid=8768) from client server11: ERR - object not found for file system backup: Microsoft Information Store:\server11-sg1
05/21/2009 08:26:09 - Error bptm (pid=8828) media manager terminated by parent process
05/21/2009 08:26:09 - Error bpbrm (pid=8768) could not send server status message
05/21/2009 08:26:10 - end writing
invalid filelist specification (69)

There have been no changes made to the exchange server, or to the netbackup policy.

Any assistance provided is greatly appreciated...
Thank you!!

7 REPLIES 7

Emiliano
Level 3
Hi the error is evident, there is a problem to backup selection   "invalid filelist specification (69)"

Did you have some modification on client ? or path ?

Or the backup exchange is from a snapshot or other, verify that exists on client Store:\server11-sg1

from support:

Try the following:
Check the policy file list. If wildcards are used, verify that the bracket characters ([ and ]) in the list match. If the file list contains UNC (Universal Naming Convention) names, ensure they are properly formatted.This error can occur if nbjm was running and a Sharepoint job re-discovery returns a 0 or 1 and the policy file list is empty. Examine the nbjm unified log (originator ID 117) for more detail on the cause of the error.For NetBackup Snapshot Client only:In an off-host backup (NetBackup Media Server or Third-Party Copy Device), code 69 may indicate that the file list contains the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES entry. NetBackup does not support the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES entry for off-host backup. Remove the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES entry from the file list.

regard Emiliano

adp1
Level 3
I have checked the information store names,and they match what is in the netbackup policy.   As I said in my first post, there have been no changes to either the policy, or the exchange server, and all of my other exchange servers, which are setup the same exact way, are working fine.   

Emiliano
Level 3
Examine the nbjm unified log

adp1
Level 3
I am not seeing anything of use in the nbjm log:  this is the only entry for that job ID:

vxlogview -p 51216 -o 117 -X "jobid=4343164"
05/21/2009 11:12:41.089 [Info] V-117-122 started backup job for client server11, policy server11-exch, schedule full on storage unit media1-hcart3-robot-tld-0

I have also tried changing the backup selections within the policy to use only Microsoft Information Store:\  rather than listing each of the 5 individual stores.  Same error.

When I initiate the job from the client, after manually choosing the information stores, it still fails with the same error as well.  

prodsac
Level 4

Hi, have you resolved your problem?
I have the same thing on my Exchange 2007 SP2 / NB 6.5.4.

thanks

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Confirm that the logon account for NetBackup Client Service has correct permissions.

Also post policy config:

bppllist <policy_name> -U

prodsac
Level 4
ok, thanks.

The problem was the netbackup was not clearing Exchange Logs... so the drive was full.

Thanks.