cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6.5.4 client installation

ITBOY
Level 4
Hi,
I just finish installation of NBU 6.5.4 master server and trying to setup the client installation on different server. Both master and client m/c is running Redhat Ent5.2 O/S. I ve installed NBU 6.5.4 client RPM in client m/c . But when i checked from the Master server , client list, the required client shows the status code 47  and message is " host is unreachable" . I ve verified in both client & server able to ping each other using hostname and port 13782/ 13783 is listening in master and client server. But when i installed the NBU client in the client server, i straight away installed the NBU 6.5.4 client package instead of first installing the NBU 6.5 client package. Pls.advise what are the other options to be checked in both master server and client m/c. ( both Redhat ENT 5.2 )

4 REPLIES 4

rjrumfelt
Level 6
Are you connecting via the legacy bpcd port?  You mentioned 13782 so it makes me think that is what you are trying to do.  Make sure 13724 is open and that you are connecting using vnetd as your connection options, which I believe show up as the default connect options.

There are some red hat folks out here that can tell you if you are missing any packages, but I dont know if that would cause your connection issues or not.

Anonymous
Not applicable
But when i installed the NBU client in the client server, i straight away installed the NBU 6.5.4 client package instead of first installing the NBU 6.5 client package. Pls.advise what are the other options to be checked in both master server and client m/c. ( both Redhat ENT 5.2 )

Best Practices. You need to install 6.5 client first then apply 6.5.4 update. I thought your method would have produced an error of sorts based on pre-requisites?

HOW TO: How to perform a manual NetBackup client removal on Linux

Remove and install 6.5 GA client version first

Note: All release updates are CUMULATIVE - that is, they contain ALL fixes in previous versions.  For example, NetBackup 6.5.4 contains all fixes from 6.5.1 to 6.5.3.1 inclusive.

Check your firewall setting also.

ITBOY
Level 4
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. In fact , 13782 is listening as wells as 13724 port.

#netstat -an | grep 13724

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:13724               0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:13782               0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN

ITBOY
Level 4
Hi,
Thx for your kind explanation. I ve followed your advice I uninstalled all the NBU 6.5.4 client and install back the NBU 6.5 client followed by NBU 6.5.4 client installation. But I still see the NBU 6.5 version only in the client server. And still cannot connect from the master to client.  How I do is that I access from the NBU 6.5.4 java console in the master NBU server and I click the "Policies" in the left plance and click the policy , client , and client name in the right  hand plance Pls.see the attach pictures.