cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6.5.4 error when backing up a eXCHANGE 2007

Javon
Level 2
I am receiving the error listed below when trying to backup an exchange information store using NBU 6.5.4, has anyone else encountered this and have you found a resolution?

Javon

started receiving these messages last 3 backups. Always had return code 0, now getting a return code 1 and Exchange Admin says the Exchange Job Logs are growing.

Which job log does the message refer to? (on client side ... veritas...logs folder?)

If we are using Netbackup 6.5, Why does the message indicate 'Backup Exec'.

failure reading file: Microsoft Information Store:\SG4\SG4MS5 (BEDS 0xE000FEA9: The Backup Exec data store encountered a problem during the operation. See the job log for details.)

2 REPLIES 2

Will_Restore
Level 6
per this doc: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290092.htm

Details:
Overview: Exchange Information Store backups fail with a NetBackup Status Code 1 (the requested operation was partially successful) and the error "ERR - failure reading file: Microsoft Information Store:\First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (ME6AWMAIL04) (BEDS 0xFFFFFEA9: 0xa000fea9 (2684419753)" in the bpbkar log file.

Log files:
The bpbkar log file shows the following error message:

ERR - failure reading file: Microsoft Information Store:\First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (ME6AWMAIL04) (BEDS 0xFFFFFEA9: 0xa000fea9 (2684419753)

Resolution:
In previous instances, this issue is related to problems with the Exchange mailbox store. Symantec recommends contacting Microsoft for assistance running consistency checks on the Exchange database, to confirm the health of the Exchange server.

=========================================================================================

Exchange Logs are database transactions that normally get truncated upon successful backup

Netbackup job logs can be viewed in Activity Monitor, Detailed Status or Reports, All Log Entries

Why it's saying Backup Exec is odd -- looks like Symantec reused some message code

sql_noob
Level 4
what version is the client running? i got rid of some weird backup failures by upgrading clients to 6.5.4 as well