Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6.5.6 Clinet installation in windows

virankumar
Level 4

Hello Team,

I'm trying to install teh client s/w 6.5.6 , from master server

I tried to push the client from master server using "./install_client_files ssh/rsh client_name "

I think there is no files under WINDOWS folder to push and install the backups

/usr/openv/netbackup/client/PC/Windows2003 no files in this path

How can i install the backups . Downloaded the file from symatec site "NB_6.5.6.winnt.x64_351563" is this will work to install

( Or ) Any dependencies also need to install  ?  can you please tel me the procedure hwo to over come this

Thanks & Regards

Virankumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

i dont think you can Push the windows client from the unix master..

you need to copy the install files to the windows client and do the local install 

or do the remote install from the other Windows server... 

Does this client have the base netbackup install ? if no you need to install it first..

PS:- 6.X is our of support years ago.. you need to upgrade your netbackup...to 7.X

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

i dont think you can Push the windows client from the unix master..

you need to copy the install files to the windows client and do the local install 

or do the remote install from the other Windows server... 

Does this client have the base netbackup install ? if no you need to install it first..

PS:- 6.X is our of support years ago.. you need to upgrade your netbackup...to 7.X

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

"./install_client_files ssh/rsh client_name is for Unix not for windows.

Please check the Symantec NetBackup Installation Guide for UNIX and Linux

A NetBackup UNIX server can only push client software to UNIX clients.

NetBackup software and client type software must be installed on the server that is used to perform the remote client installation.

Windows remote installation :

The installation wizard scans the network for available clients where you can install the client software. The source computer must run Windows 2003, 2008, or
2008 R2 Server. Also, a remote installation requires system administrator privileges. Note: You cannot install clients remotely from NetBackup
Windows servers to UNIX computers.

virankumar
Level 4

Hi Ram,

Thanks for the reply

How ru

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Full 64-bit Windows media can be found here:

CD Image NB_6.5.4.Winx64_CD.exe provides a media refresh to 6.5.4 for Veritas NetBackup (tm) servers and clients only on Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 Server Core x64 platforms, and for new installs on Windows 2003 x64 platforms 
  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH71299
Note:  This CD also contains the x64 Java console and uses VSS as the default option for Windows Open File Backup (WOFB).

Install 6.5.6 patch on top of above base-install.

PS: Are you aware of the fact that NBU 6.x has reached EOSL more than 2 years ago?