Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6.5 Installation Media

Five5
Level 3
Partner

Hi Veritas,

Where can i download Netbackup 6.5 Installation Media? I need it to do some testing before performing on my system.

4 REPLIES 4

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Five5,

You won't find anywhere (legit) to download NetBackup 6.5.  That version went end of life about 5 years ago (October 2012) so is no longer available.  Most of the support docs for this version have already been archived.

Your only chance would be to see if your local Veritas office has an old copy lying around.  Any particular reason you need a version that old, and not the current supported versions of 7.7, 8.0 and 8.1?

Hope this helps,

Steve

Understand but i have a system still running on it. Because I would need to add an agent and do some testing.

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Five5,

I would look at upgrading ASAP if you are able.

As far as I can see, you have two options (I've just come up with another that may be possible):

• As noted before, contact your local Veritas office and see if they can help.
  • Is it possible you may have a copy of the installation media somewhere on your 6.5 Master Server?  I'm guessing not (otherwise you wouldn't be asking), but if you do, run Launch.exe and you can push install a copy of the client from there.

Steve

If you really need NBU 6.5 then you can open a support case and request the assigned engineer to upload the 6.5 agent for you.

Support can only provide you end of support software but they wont be able to assist you on the issues that arise with the end of support products.

Hope this helps.

--Santosh