cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6.5 Vault

rishi_rich
Level 5

Hello All,

I am new to vault enviroment.I am  having netbackup 5.1 and netbackup 6.5 setup in our environmennt.we are planning to migrate from netbackup 5.1 to netbackup 6.5.My ponint is i want my netbackup 5.1 tape library which is overland neo 58 slot LTO2 to be act as offsite data collection server.As i am having spectralogic T 50 in netbackup 6.5 environment with LTO4 tape drives.
how can i setup this configuration,Does netbackup Vault support one LTO4 tape drive at one location and other LTO2 at different location.

2) What are steps to be done on server which is Windows 2003 server NB6.5

3) what are steps to be done on Linux 5.2 OS..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
as an 'informational note' shall we say, LTO tape drives can read 2 generations back & write 1 generation back, so your LTO4 tape drive should be able to read LTO2 tapes but not write.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

reson8
Level 4
I'm having a hard time understanding your question.  What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Why would you use a library with an LTO2 drive as an offsite storage for LTO4 media? Do you intend to perform data recovery from the 5.1 site? or the other way around? You understand that LTO2 drive cannot read LTO4 media?

You may want to review the Vault Admin Guide below to gather further information.

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/290233.pdf

rishi_rich
Level 5
Hello,

I am haveing one netbackup 5.1 running on LTO2 and another NB6.5 is on LTO4,so i want to configure LTO2 tape drives as vault for my backup,how can i do this..?
I know that LTO4  tape drives can not read LTO2 tapes.I want to make LTO2 drives as a offisite backup server and collect tape from it.That means i will be hvaing to sets of tapes 1 orignal backup with LTO4 tapes and LTO2 as offisite to  keep those tapes.How can i do this on Linux as well as Windows..?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
as an 'informational note' shall we say, LTO tape drives can read 2 generations back & write 1 generation back, so your LTO4 tape drive should be able to read LTO2 tapes but not write.

rishi_rich
Level 5
Okay got it.Can i make LTO2  tape drives as a media sever and LTO4 as master in NB6.5..?