cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6.5 client failing to install.

David_Ingersoll
Level 3
I am attempting to install Netbackup 6.5 client on a server with Windows 2003 SP2 Ent. Ed.with Microsoft SMS 2003 Server w/ SP2. The install is failing with a MSI error - 451. Symantec support indicated that this trouble is related to WMI enviroment and refers the problem in the KB articles listed below. I ran the WMIDiag tool by Microsoft as recommeded by Symantec but the utility indicated that "WMI works CORRECTLY" with no errors found in the report. Microsoft's SMS Server is tightly intergrated with WMI.  Anyone have any insite of what the problem can be?

Thanks,
David Ingersoll

Symantec support refer me to both KB articles listed below.

7 REPLIES 7

David_Ingersoll
Level 3
Bump up. Anyone have the same problem? My support case with Symantec is still open. Symantec Support is working with a Backline Engineer. Microsoft Support has vaildated the operation of WMI on this server.

Thanks,
David

Jorge_Lopez
Level 2
I'm having exactly the same issue, WMI works fine too.  

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Make sure there is no netbackup.dll on the server if it is still there rename it

copy the install files to a local disk like c:/temp and install from there - remove when done

right click the launch and say run as administrator

if that still fails go down into pc_clt and find the setup.exe and right click that and say run as admin.

not that this will fix it but it is the list of things I do when I have install issues.

Jorge_Lopez
Level 2
 Thanks for your Reply!

I already had tried all that , same error. 

The installation crashed after few seconds I run the Setup , I grabbed this from the installation logs : 

An unexpected error occured while installing Symantec Private Branch Exchange.  The error desfcription follows:

Error Number : 451
Error Description : Object not a collection
Source : Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Method Name : noteDepSvcsWeStop
Operation : Executing query to get dependent service list 

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
GENERAL ERROR: The Veritas NetBackup client install was interrupted before it could be completed. MSI Error 430 or 451 is seen. 
 http://support.veritas.com/docs/300515

We send you to Microsoft to download a WMI diagnostic tool to (hopefully) tell you what needs to be fixed with WMI.

Jorge_Lopez
Level 2
 Thanks CRZ 

That article was the first thing I found for this error , Already ran the WMI Diagnostic a couple of times before adding a comment here, diagnostics says everything is OK with WMI so no actions needs to be taken ( odd .. I know  ) 

Satkay_Satish
Level 5
Certified
Hi All,

Just wanted to check if anybody has got a solution for this. We are in mid of migration and are getting these errors all with different numbers ( unexpected error while installing PBX). WMIDiag runs fine.

We have an open case and working towards resolution. Will update the post if we get something on it.

Thanks!

-Satkay Satish