cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6.5 client installation does not complete

MelB
Level 4

Hi.  I have on my network NetBackup 6.5.6 installed and running and have multiple clients running the 6.5.6 client. I have successfully installed clients on other servers without any problem.  I, however have a problem installing the 6.5 client on a clustered Windows 2008 Enterprise SQL server.  I have tried installing the software on both nodes with the same result.  What happens is during the installation, it freezes up when the GUI remarks states that it is copying files and it shows the installation bar about 75% complete.  I have let it sit for hours and it will not change. 

Mel Borden

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Version issue ?

2008 require 6.5.4.

2008R2 require 6.5.6. 6.5.6 is a complete set of binaries.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH129076

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Version issue ?

2008 require 6.5.4.

2008R2 require 6.5.6. 6.5.6 is a complete set of binaries.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH129076

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

For NetBackup 6.5, get the installation log file. The NetBackup Install.<date>.<number>.log file is found in C:\Documents and Settings\<administrator_userid>\Local Settings\Temp 

post that here, it will give us an idea of where it stopped.

Also as a side note, 6.x is no longer supported. Please consider upgrading to 7.x as soon as possable. 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Nicolai is right.

Extract from the TN in his post:

Note:  For Windows 2008 R2 Support, please install the 6.5.4 x64 Windows CD Installation (below) followed by the 6.5.6 Windows x64 Release Update:

NB_6.5.4.Winx64_CD.exe provides a media refresh to 6.5.4 for Veritas NetBackup (tm) servers and clients only on Windows 2008 and for new installs on Windows 2003 x64 platforms

PLEASE upgrade your environment as a matter of urgency.
NBU 6.x ran out of support in 2012. 

MelB
Level 4

Thanks everyone, I was able to install 6.5.6 on the server.  I will be upgrading the systems to 7.5 in the future.  Thanks.