cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6.5, how to backup Exchange 2003 cluster

soofy
Level 4
Hi Everyone,

I hope you all fine and doing great. Here is one small question ?

I am running Netbackup 6.5. And I have two node Exchange 2003 cluster. I want to install agent and configure backup for exhcange, can anybody tell me what is way to do that.

I have been backuping Exchange 2003 Standalone servers many times, but I have confusion how to install the agent on cluster nodes.

Thanks!

Soofy
4 REPLIES 4

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.5 for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's Guide

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290211.htm

soofy
Level 4
I have gone through the admin guide. Can you please guide me how to install agent on the cluster nodes. Any specific procedure or standard installation. ????

Thanks

ROFPR
Level 4
We completed the exact same scenario a month ago. Install client normally on both Exchange nodes. Assign the proper logon account to the NBU service and that's it. Finally, make sure you have the right license for Exchange agent defined on the master server.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
After you have installed the client software on both nodes, create an Exchange policy and enter the virtual name in Clients tab.

If you also want to backup the O/S on the individual nodes, create another policy of type MS-Windows-NT and add the physical hostnames in the Clients tab. Add drive letters in Backup Selection tab or ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES. Just remember to add Exchange data folders/drive letter to Exclude List in both nodes' Host Properties.