cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6MP4 restore ArcServe tape?

Mike_Lawler
Level 4
I have a site that recently went offline and shipped me thier tapes (made with an older version of ArcServe).  I'm pretty sure that BackupExec can restore an arcserve file, but can Netbackup?  if so, how do I go about do this?  when I attempted a search for a technote on the symantec site it suggested I use arcserve to restore the file and then back it up with veritas in the future....

Any help apprecaited, danke!
2 REPLIES 2

Stumpr2
Level 6

Mike Lawler wrote:
I have a site that recently went offline and shipped me thier tapes (made with an older version of ArcServe).  I'm pretty sure that BackupExec can restore an arcserve file, but can Netbackup?  if so, how do I go about do this?  when I attempted a search for a technote on the symantec site it suggested I use arcserve to restore the file and then back it up with veritas in the future....

Any help apprecaited, danke!

NetBackup cannot restore ArcServe created tapes.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Here's the official response in a techtip:

How to 'import' backups written by EDM, EMC Data Manager, Legato, Ominiback, ArcServe, or other backup products using the NetBackup application.

Details:
While VERITAS NetBackup (tm) is able to 'import' media written by NetBackup or VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) products, there is no option to import other vendor written media.

One workaround to the issue is to restore the data using the other vendor software, then back up the data again using the NetBackup application.