cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.0 tape onsite report issue

skywalker-pac
Level 2

It seems that after the first of this year, my 'tape onsite' report is no longer showing any tape information.  I have checked my backup policies and can see the retention period is still two weeks as it has always been, however, I have a lot of tapes as showing in the proper pool but no 'status' when they are off-site and should be on a rotation to come back onsite.  Quite confusing on why this is happening.  Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Is your 'tape onsite' report a home-grown or customized OCA report? Or vault report?

Please see if the default GUI report - Tape Summary report (with Verbose option selected) gives you the correct expiration date. This will list tapes that are due to expire in future, not the already expired tapes.

skywalker-pac
Level 2

This is under Vault Reports and appears to be standard in Netbackup 7.0.  I believe it is based on the retention period set within your backup policies and none of this has changed.  The report just specifies no tapes to come on-site, however, the off-site report works just fine.