cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.1 Setup more challenge

Love4eb
Level 3

I have another challenge in conjunction with the setup, I have a SAP ERP sitting on ORACLE in Solaris 10 environment, the script that back it up is failing, can you guide me on how to write correct script that will backup my SAP application and oracle database successfully to Netbackup 7.1 on Windows 2003 server as my Master Server and Media Server. Note that I am a complete novies in Solaris environment, I am a complete Windows expert, and more so my Netbackup is running on Windows 2003 server. Please rescue me, my client is getting angry. Can you recommend a good training centre on Netbackup 7.1 practically in Africa? 

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I do not have a sample script.

When I need to assist customers, we use the guidelines in the manual ( NBU for SAP Admin Guide for UNIX and Linux  http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3673 )  combined with the sample scripts in /usr/openv/netbackup/ext/db_ext/sap/scripts/sap_oracle.  I NEVER try to do it on my own - I always work with the SAP/Oracle dba.

There is a very good training center in Johannesburg, South Africa. For some or reason the Symantec Training web site only lists the UK email address (even if you select South Africa).

Use this email address: sa_education@symantec.com