cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.1 duplication to tape from puredisk storage

Worgies
Level 3

Hi,

Please can you help i'm configuring our new netbackup system and i was wondering if i could deplicate the images that are stored on our 'puredisk' disk?

My netbackup setup is 1 appliance 5220 configured as a master server with the additional disks attached and 1 tape library. In the old version of netbackup you could create a staging area, but i can't see that option in 7.1?

sorry i know i'm missing something.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You cannot just use SLP for duplication.

You configure backup destination and duplication in SLP, each with required retention level.

So, first destination in new SLP will be backup to appliance STU (or STUG).

Second destination will be duplication to tape.

Read up in the manual under this topic: 'To add a storage destination to a lifecycle policy '.

This SLP then needs to replace STU in policy attributes or in the Schedule. As I've explained before, different retentions for daily, weeklly, monthly, etc. will require different SLPs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Level 6

Configure Storage Lifecycle Policy to write backup to your Appliance STU and then duplicate to tape. Retention levels will be specified in SLP. If different retentions are needed for Daily, weekly, etc schedules, you need to create multiple SLPs. Specify the SLPs in the Policy Schedules. Detailed info and instructions in NBU Admin Guide I chapter 14.

NBU Admin Guide for UNIX and Linux, Volume I  http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3650
NBU Admin Guide for Windows, Volume I  http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3653

AlanTLR
Level 5

Also, you can vault to tape as well, if you have the Vault license or if you're capacity-based licensed.

Worgies
Level 3

Hi thanks for your reply!!!

When i try and create a policy i get the following message...

please can you advise what i'm doing wrong??

AlanTLR
Level 5

Can you please provide the details of what you have entered for each field (or screenshot) before you get this message.

Marianne
Level 6

You cannot just use SLP for duplication.

You configure backup destination and duplication in SLP, each with required retention level.

So, first destination in new SLP will be backup to appliance STU (or STUG).

Second destination will be duplication to tape.

Read up in the manual under this topic: 'To add a storage destination to a lifecycle policy '.

This SLP then needs to replace STU in policy attributes or in the Schedule. As I've explained before, different retentions for daily, weeklly, monthly, etc. will require different SLPs.

Worgies
Level 3

Thank you both very much for all your help !!!!!!