Level 3
Certified

Hello Every body,

can't add new Media Server dedupe Storage server the credentials,

it is failed "file not found"

info:

Master : 7.5.0.4 w2k8 R2 sp1

Storage Server/Media Server: RHEL 5.4 x86_64 / Netbackup Media Server 7.5

path: /disk/ (iSCSI --> eth3,eth4 - EMC powerpath)

interface: bond0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

A couple of things here ...

The interface here i believe relates to the interface to use during communication and backups (not the one that the disk is attached to - though it may be the same)

Once you have had a failed attempt you may need to delete the configuration file before trying again ... found under /usr/openv/lib/ost-plugins - should have the server name with a .cfg suffix

That is assuming that that server is not already a Storage Server for anything else (Enterprise Disk etc.)

Obviously check the guides etc. but this sounds more of a communications / authentication issue that it being to do with the iSCSI disk

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6

How did you do it? Using Storage Server Configuration Wizard?
Please take screenshots and post.

hani_hammad
Level 3
Certified

Yes, from the master server,

btw , I have another MSDP w2k8 R2 SP1/7.5.0.4 with 2 TB DP and it is working fine,

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6

I'm not sure this is cause of your issue, but specifying bond0 as network interface is wrong. network interface must be specifyed by its hostname - not interface name.
In general, you don't have to specify this.

hani_hammad
Level 3
Certified

I think it is not , because I've added the iface later after I got the error,

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

A couple of things here ...

The interface here i believe relates to the interface to use during communication and backups (not the one that the disk is attached to - though it may be the same)

Once you have had a failed attempt you may need to delete the configuration file before trying again ... found under /usr/openv/lib/ost-plugins - should have the server name with a .cfg suffix

That is assuming that that server is not already a Storage Server for anything else (Enterprise Disk etc.)

Obviously check the guides etc. but this sounds more of a communications / authentication issue that it being to do with the iSCSI disk

Hope this helps

hani_hammad
Level 3
Certified

thanks, it was the cfg file