cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.5 and EV 10 Setting backup mode

dhananjaya
Level 3

Hi Guys

Please let me know whether Netbackup 7.5 can put EV10 into backup mode without using power shell script ? If not do I have to use script that called by NB7.5 to put EV into backup mode ? 

then What is the purpuse of setting notification file or  archive bit in EV end ? I  have seen in the document mentioning that "NetBackup 7.1 or the later version sets the backup mode only at the vault store and the Index location level."  that mean NB7.5 can put EV into Backup mode ?

Anyone can clear this out please ?

Dhananjaya

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It can if you configure the EV Agent type backup. The "manual" or powershell method is when you perform the backup as a MS-Windows policy type.

View solution in original post

RiaanBadenhorst

Correct, for agent you dont need  the script or bpstart.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RiaanBadenhorst

It can if you configure the EV Agent type backup. The "manual" or powershell method is when you perform the backup as a MS-Windows policy type.

dhananjaya
Level 3

Yes. I am configuring using Agent. But will it change EV10 into backup mode without manuly written script which can called by bpstart_notify.bat file ?

RiaanBadenhorst

Correct, for agent you dont need  the script or bpstart.

dhananjaya
Level 3

hi Riaan

thanks, bt give errors when I perform index backup and if I manually change the index into backup mode it is continuing without problem.

RiaanBadenhorst

Post the error and policy configuration

dhananjaya
Level 3

Hi Ria,

you r correct and now It s working. thanks for the guide.