Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.5 on Linux Redhat 6

Jojie
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

Im trying to install Netbackup 7.5 on Linux RedHat 6 but i encounter eroor while im installing.. I would want to ask for help about this error I am experiencing. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you can't run the install directly from the media, instead of using "cp -pvr" to copy it locally, do a  "tar -cvf - | tar -xf" and see if the permissions issue disappears.

(This won't work if the version on the media has the wrong permissions to begin with, of course.  Any chance you have an original ISO file to work with instead?)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you checked/verified compatibility? Is this a 64-bit server? 

Any reason why you copied install media to Desktop and not install directly from the installion dvd?

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you can't run the install directly from the media, instead of using "cp -pvr" to copy it locally, do a  "tar -cvf - | tar -xf" and see if the permissions issue disappears.

(This won't work if the version on the media has the wrong permissions to begin with, of course.  Any chance you have an original ISO file to work with instead?)

Jeff_Foglietta
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

I agree with Marianne that you should run the install from the DVD.. If for whatever reason thats not possible I would be curious to know what the permissions of pdinstall is after the copy. Should be 555 and ownership should be "root" and group should be "bin" .. Can you post what you have?? 

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I doubt that your DVD is wrong one - I'm not sure it should be, but volume ID of your DVD(20121006_1405) seems like handmade DVD. Is this DVD purchased from Symantec? Or, did you download files and burn into it?

If you have DVD purchased from Symantec, use it. Or you have downloaded files from fileconnect.symantec.com, copy it via network, or burn *.tar.gz file as it is and bring it into target machine.