cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.6.0.1 Echange 2010 Sytem Backup

CreateBackupDed
Level 2
Partner

I have a single exchange server with a stand alone (non DAG) information store database.  I have configured granular recovery backups (GRT) for it as outlined in the video linked below and it works flawlessly.  

My question now is how do I back up the rest of the exchange server so that I can do a complete bare metal restore?  Can I just add additional Directives to the same policy?  If I select all local drives, will it backup the information store twice (once as an information store and once as files)?  

Environment: All servers Windows Server 2008 R2, single exchange server Exchange 2010 SP3 UR 3, Single master/media server NetBackup 7.6.0.1

1 REPLY 1

sri_vani
Level 6
Partner

If your exchange server is VM you can take backup using vmware policy along with exchange application production which can be enabled vmware tab of the policy.It requires enterprise license.

If it physical then you need to have two sepearate policy one for exchange -db and another one for file level (wundows-NT)backup and u need to exclude exchange files from file level backup.In  case of disaster u have to install os,nbu then do file system restore and next exchage db restore.

If you are looking for BMR Recovery u need to deploy BMR COnfiguration and enable bmr option in the os policy and it requires seperate policy.

Please refer Bare Metal Restore 7.5 admin guide for more details:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC5163