Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.6.0.1 - 'unable to retrieve version of the server '

Elmer_Gomez
Level 5
Partner Certified

estimates
Good morning, I have a problem with Netbackup 7.6.0.1, apparently the client made a change in the IP and there has begun starting out this error message.

This company has a main office and 18 branches and this problem happens in some of the venues. And you can perform backup and restore, I appreciate your support.
used as operating system windows server 2012 standard.

The error message

When you enter the NetBackup server console the following error appears DCLAM11:

netbackup sunat.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

ok I read your post again and it seems it is only issue only on some remote servers which are trying to access the Master servers remotely.

This company has a main office and 18 branches and this problem happens in some of the venues

Now for some of these sites are you able to communicate to Master server when you get this error message. Highly possible that when you changed the IP of master your certain remote sites are not able to communicate with the master server due to subnet or dns.

I hope you already checked the basics about the forward, reverse lookup from remote site server to master and vice versa. Do nslookup from your remote site to Master server and vice versa and make sure communication is not the problem

Are these new sites?If these are new sites make sure server name(from where you are accessing the Master server) is added in the Master Server host properties -> Additional servers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sksujeet
Level 6

I hope the hostname is same, ip address change will make no difference. Make sure hostname correctly resolves forward and reverse lookup.

The ip change will take some time across the domain or you can do ipconfig /flushdns

Also do bpclntcmd -clear_host_cache

To replicate the thing fast you can update the DNS manually to reflect the new IP.

once all done do nslookup and make sure it resolves with hostname, fqdn and ip and then restart the NBU services

Elmer_Gomez
Level 5
Partner Certified

Estimate Sazz, is it always does or how often, also use these commands but still the same with that error

sksujeet
Level 6

ok I read your post again and it seems it is only issue only on some remote servers which are trying to access the Master servers remotely.

This company has a main office and 18 branches and this problem happens in some of the venues

Now for some of these sites are you able to communicate to Master server when you get this error message. Highly possible that when you changed the IP of master your certain remote sites are not able to communicate with the master server due to subnet or dns.

I hope you already checked the basics about the forward, reverse lookup from remote site server to master and vice versa. Do nslookup from your remote site to Master server and vice versa and make sure communication is not the problem

Are these new sites?If these are new sites make sure server name(from where you are accessing the Master server) is added in the Master Server host properties -> Additional servers.