cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.6.0.4 with Linux NFS storage backend

TJAD
Not applicable

Details:  Veritas Netbackup 7.6.0.4 (Master & Media Servers)  Both on RedHat Enterprise Linux  6.5.

NFS server : RedHat Enterprise Server 6.5 --> NFS version - NFS3 or NFS4 

Hi ,

I need your help in configuring my Netbackup infrastructure with NFS backend for storing backup archives.

JFYI:

1) I can export my nfs shares either as NFSv3 or NFSv4. The shares are mounted in my media server with nolock  option and I'm able to perform read/write on my nfs mounts as root. 

2) I'm able to create STU's either as Basic or Advanced Type and NBU master server is able to discover the mountpoint size.

3) My backup policy type is "STANDARD"

Problem:

When i kick a manual backup, it fails with error code "59" (which means access to client is not allowed) but just by switching the "Policy Storage" in backup policy to a STU with local storage, instead of a STU with NFS the backup works fine. 

kindly guide me in setting it up properly.

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Is the STU with NFS mount and STU with local storage attached to the same media server? Status 59 is not related to the storage used by the media server, but missing or incorrect SERVER entry on the client. Create bpcd log folder on the clients. After next failure, check bpcd log on the client for request from media server. See if client can resolve media server IP to valid hostname that appears in client's SERVER list.