cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.6.1.2 not reading schedule exclude lists using follow NFS option

npolite
Level 5

Hi All,

This looks like a bug to me but thought I would ask. I am running 7.6.1.2 on a Windows 2012 R2 server for a client (RHEL5.5) 7.6.1.2 which has a database backup mount on a ZFS storage array using NFS. I have a specific policy that contains "Follow NFS" for these servers that are connected to the ZFS and three schedules Differential-Inc Weekly and Monthly

I have 3 exclude lists. You can see that I exclude a specific directory

exclude_list (excludes /b01/backup-week)
exclude_list.Weekly(excludes /b01/backup)
exclude_list.Monthly (excludes /b01/backup)

Anyway I went to review this today and it looks like the Montly and Weekly schedules are including the /b01/backup-week folder instead of excluding it. It looks like it isn't even reading the two files.

This same setup seems to work on other severs that don't have a b01 on an NFS mount. Does it seem that I have to contact Veritas on this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

haven't you forget policy name in exclude_list file ? (exclude_list.<policy>.<schedule>).

Also the description is a bit confusing because Weekly/Monthly schedules should include /b01/backup-week , not exclude.

Michal

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

haven't you forget policy name in exclude_list file ? (exclude_list.<policy>.<schedule>).

Also the description is a bit confusing because Weekly/Monthly schedules should include /b01/backup-week , not exclude.

Michal

Marianne

I agree with Michal - filename should be exclude_list.<policy>.<schedule> 

Once you have double-checked the filename on the client, create bpbkar log folder to see how NBU interprets the exclude list.

Thank you both. You are correct that is my mistake. I haven't needed to create any additional policies in years and forgot about it. I'll document it for the next time this comes up again.