cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.6 Backup selection

Tanveer_Ahmad
Level 4

In backup policy I have select each folder on drive.
Can I select multiple folder samutaniously?
And if there is requirement to unselect a subfolder? (like we can do with other backup apllication)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Not sure if you can select multiple at the same time.

Was *just* checking this - unfortunately not! (unless things have changed since 6.5 - sshh, don't tell Marianne!)

From the context sensitive "help":

• In the NetBackup Administration window, expand NetBackup Management > Policies.
  • Double-click the policy where you want to change the backup selections list. The Change Policy dialog appears.
  • Click the Backup Selections tab.
  • To add an entry, at the end of the list, click under the last entry in the backup selections list, then click New. An edit box appears.
  • Select a path or directive:
    • Click the folder icon to browse to a remote folder to select a path.
    • Click the directives icon to browse to a directive.

For the "browse" to work, the PC/workstation you are running the Admin Console from needs to be in the "Additional Servers" under host properties for the client you are trying to browse to.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

mph999
    Level 6
    Employee Accredited

You can add :

ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES directive, this will backup the entire machine.

Marianne
    Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

To 'unselect' a subfolder, you can add it to Exclude List for this client under Host Properties - > Clients.

You may want to read up about Backup Selection (wildcards and directives) and Exclude List in  NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I  

Tanveer_Ahmad
    Level 4

I am look backup selection option like BackupExec 2012  where we can select multiple folders sub folders. If there is any option like that please share with me. In last thanks all to reply my post

Marianne

We do not know Backup Exec. (Well, I don't.)

In the Backup Selection of Windows Admin Console, you can browse for client folders and select them.
    You can also use wild cards in Backup Selection.

NBU Backup Selection is covered in NBU Admin Guide I.

Andy_Welburn
    Level 6

Was *just* checking this - unfortunately not! (unless things have changed since 6.5 - sshh, don't tell Marianne!)

From the context sensitive "help":

• In the NetBackup Administration window, expand NetBackup Management > Policies.
    • Double-click the policy where you want to change the backup selections list. The Change Policy dialog appears.
    • Click the Backup Selections tab.
    • To add an entry, at the end of the list, click under the last entry in the backup selections list, then click New. An edit box appears.
    • Select a path or directive:
      • Click the folder icon to browse to a remote folder to select a path.
      • Click the directives icon to browse to a directive.

For the "browse" to work, the PC/workstation you are running the Admin Console from needs to be in the "Additional Servers" under host properties for the client you are trying to browse to.

Tanveer_Ahmad
      Level 4

As long As I find backup folder selection in NetBackup is different as compare with other backup software. I post this for my knowledge but I think this is not available in Netbackup . I am new user of Netbackup apllication. Thanks all to respond my question.

Marianne

We all have the same problem when we need to learn a new product - we want to compare with other products that we already know.

Best to forget about other products and get to know your current product - NetBackup.

As per my post above:

You may want to read up about Backup Selection (wildcards and directives) and Exclude List in  NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I  

See Chapter 20 of above manual.