cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.7.1 Administration Console disappeared

vidyasagar
Level 3

Netbackup 7.7.1 Administration Console disappeared from the menu, but I am able to access the java console by below command

programfiles\veritas\netbackup\java\nbjava.bat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems the Java Concole is also listed as 'Administration Console'. I just had a look at mine:

Menu.JPG

You are missing the 7.7.1 Console, right?
Something or someone has done something at OS level to remove it. Trying to figure out how this happened will be near impossible. 

You could compare the files in ..\Program Files\Veritas\Java with another machine/desktop where the Java Console is installed, but easiest will probably be to reinstall the Java Console from your Windows installation media.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Viyasagar,

Have you just recently upgraded from version 7.6.x to 7.7.x?  I am guessing yes.

From version 7.7 onwards, the traditional "fat" Administration Console has been removed and is now replaced with the Java Administration console, so what you are seeing is expected behaviour.

Here is a link to the Veritas technote detailing this for your reference:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100038637

Hope this helps,

Steve

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems the Java Concole is also listed as 'Administration Console'. I just had a look at mine:

Menu.JPG

You are missing the 7.7.1 Console, right?
Something or someone has done something at OS level to remove it. Trying to figure out how this happened will be near impossible. 

You could compare the files in ..\Program Files\Veritas\Java with another machine/desktop where the Java Console is installed, but easiest will probably be to reinstall the Java Console from your Windows installation media.

Hi marianne,

Thanks for your support, OS team recreated all shortcuts, now i could see the NBU console