we are trying to restore the data from secondary storage but it becomes fail in between with error STATUS 85: media read error.
OS on which netbackup installed is W2K12 R2.
Netbackup 7.7 has been for backup/restore.
Any kind of help is appreciable .
Media read error would indicate that there is something wrong with a tape drive/media if you're not using Disk as a backup target. If its disk then it could be comms related or even service related if its deduplicated disk.
Please post the detailed status of the job.
I can see you're restoring this "ri2001_1438070065" image but you're facing status 85 error for the diskpool.
What type of diskpool are you backing up to?
Are backups to this diskpool working or failing?
Is the restore of other images from the diskpool also failing?
Hi Rashi - I might be able to give you a script to help you 'verify' the contents of the BasicDisk storage unit, i.e. to see how wide-spread the problem is... but... I need some more information...
1) Is this NetBackup environment a production environment, or a test/PoC environment?
2) How big is the the BasicDisk storage unit? And how much space is used?
3) Is the volume hosting the BasicDisk storage used by any other applications?
4) Is any type of A/V installed on the server hosting the BasicDisk storage unit?
5) Is the BasicDisk storage unit, on a Windows server?
Netbackup installed, what did you mean , client side or server side? Have you checked compatibility issues..
When you say secondary storage, what did you mean exacly , how does the data become secondary. Are there buffer settings involved. Is this NDMP stortage? Are the settings same as primary. Buffer size can be tricky if its not correctly set on media server.