cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.7 restore become failed

rashi_jain
Level 5

Hello all,

we are trying to restore  the data  from  secondary storage  but  it becomes fail in between with error  STATUS 85: media read error.

OS on which netbackup installed is  W2K12 R2.

Netbackup 7.7  has  been for  backup/restore.

Any  kind  of help is  appreciable  .

Thanks  ,

Rashi Jain

6 REPLIES 6

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Media read error would indicate that there is something wrong with a tape drive/media if you're not using Disk as a backup target. If its disk then it could be comms related or even service related if its deduplicated disk.

Please post the detailed status of the job.

rashi_jain
Level 5

hello,

logs are attached 

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

I can see you're restoring this "ri2001_1438070065" image but you're facing status 85 error for the diskpool.

What type of diskpool are you backing up to?

Are backups  to this diskpool working or failing?

Is the restore of other images from the diskpool also failing?

rashi_jain
Level 5
Hello , Disk pool type > basic disk Yes , Backup to this diskpool completed successfully. we tried only one backup /restore on that disk pool. But restore of other images from other disk pool also failed.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Hi Rashi - I might be able to give you a script to help you 'verify' the contents of the BasicDisk storage unit, i.e. to see how wide-spread the problem is... but... I need some more information...

1) Is this NetBackup environment a production environment, or a test/PoC environment?

2) How big is the the BasicDisk storage unit?  And how much space is used?

3) Is the volume hosting the BasicDisk storage used by any other applications?

4) Is any type of A/V installed on the server hosting the BasicDisk storage unit?

5) Is the BasicDisk storage unit, on a Windows server?

Thanks.

cruisen
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello rashi.jain,

Netbackup installed, what did you mean , client side or server side? Have you checked compatibility issues..

When you say secondary storage, what did you mean exacly , how does the data become secondary. Are there buffer settings involved. Is this NDMP stortage? Are the settings same as primary. Buffer size can be tricky if its not correctly set on media server.

best regards,

Cruisen