cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7 Unexpected Message Received (43)

kenqman
Not applicable

I am trying to figure out why my backups all of a sudden started erroring out with "cannot open c:\Program Files\Veritas\Netbackup\online_util\fi_cntl\bpfis.fim.xxx-xxx-xx 1323806932.0. The backups start processing and I can see the files that it is backing up in Activity Monitor but the backup will get to a certain point and bomb out with this error 43. I have tried modifying my backup selection to certain folders and the backup completes successfully. It seems to not work for the larger size folders. Nothing has changed on the server since the last successful backup and there are not network issues that I think is causing this problem.

I have reviewed the log files as instructed by the troubleshooting guideline but nothing stands out as far as what the issue may be. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Will_Restore
Level 6

check this article for troubleshooting tips

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH47808

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

What type of backups? "Normal" filesystem or d/b agent?

Specific clients?

Specific policy(ies)? (provide: bppllist policy_name -U)

Please provide a little more on your environment: master/media OS & NB versions, affected client(s) OS & NB version(s).

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Check the event logs for VSS errors

There are logs of MS hotfixes for VSS on Windows 2003.

Also, if not using NetBackup V7.1, make sure you are using VSS and not VSP - go to Master Server Host Properties - Client Attributes section - add in the severs and on the Windows Open File Backup section select to use VSS (individual snapshots and disable and continue can also help)

Finally for now ensure that these clients are not running low on disk space