cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.x process flow and port info

ANURAG2840
Level 3

Hi All

I have a query regarding use of Vnetd, Pbx, and updated process flow of netbackup version 7.5 and later versions

In 7.5 and later versions PBX is solely used for communiocation. If utilizing client-directed operations, then vnetd/13724 must be open bi-directional between the client and the master server. 

Question:-

Please suggest the use of bpcd and vnetd  in 7.5 and above versions.

I have seen  at veritas site that the communication seems same as in the process flow of 6.x. However i think that Vnetd in not required any more and on PBX is required after 7.5

Please also suggest the use of bpcd.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
NBU will first of all try to connect on PBX. If that fails, it will attempt vnetd. If vnetd connection fails as well, it will try bpcd. So, if network comms and firewalls are configured correctly, only PBX will be used. vnetd and bpcd are merely fail back ports. Resilient network config needs vnetd.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

xlrd
Level 3

See https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000044015

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
NBU will first of all try to connect on PBX. If that fails, it will attempt vnetd. If vnetd connection fails as well, it will try bpcd. So, if network comms and firewalls are configured correctly, only PBX will be used. vnetd and bpcd are merely fail back ports. Resilient network config needs vnetd.