cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 771 with HP_StoreOnceCatalyst OST

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I am installing a green-field NBU 771 environment - with 1 x Master and 1 x Media servers running on W2K12R2, a HP StoreOnce Disk device (OST) and some LTO.

Windows 2012R2 is datacenter. All required licenses are installed.

I have installed the HP StoreOnce OST driver on each of the master and media servers.   3.1.2 HP Driver installed.

According to the 7.7 Hardware compatibility guide the 3.1 HP OST driver is good with Windows 2012R2 Datacenter.

I will be attaching the StoreOnce Catalyst device over fibre channel - not yet attached to master / media. 

When I select create disk storage server, after selecting OST, I only see the two NetApp options in the drop-down for storage server type.

I can type in hp_StoreOnceCatalyst - but should it not appear in the drop-down for storage server type ?

Anyone throw any light on this - after installling the OST driver should the hp_StoreOnceCatalyst option appear in the storage server typpe drop-down ?

Thanks,

AJ

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The NetApp options are built in for ReplicationDirector.

The NetBackup OpenStorage guides state that you need to enter the string from your vendor manually.

"Enter the storage server type. For disk appliance storage for backups, your storage vendor provides the string that identifies the storage type. The Storage server type is case-sensitive."

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.DOC8574

View solution in original post

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Try re-starting the nbrmms service - or maybe much easier re-start Netbackup

After restarting nbrmms run "bpstsinfo -pi"  (without quotes) and check if Netbackup has detected the catalyst plug-in

Before configuring devices, make sure the NBU server is hooked up to the B6500 and the devices are visible from the OS.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The NetApp options are built in for ReplicationDirector.

The NetBackup OpenStorage guides state that you need to enter the string from your vendor manually.

"Enter the storage server type. For disk appliance storage for backups, your storage vendor provides the string that identifies the storage type. The Storage server type is case-sensitive."

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.DOC8574

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Configuration steps should also be included in HP documentation. Ask the HP vendor for it.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Try re-starting the nbrmms service - or maybe much easier re-start Netbackup

After restarting nbrmms run "bpstsinfo -pi"  (without quotes) and check if Netbackup has detected the catalyst plug-in

Before configuring devices, make sure the NBU server is hooked up to the B6500 and the devices are visible from the OS.

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

mnolan - missed that one, thank you. 

Marianne - have the documentation but missed the piece about entering manually.  HP onsite today to perform the config of the 4700 so they should be good to go there.

Nicolai - services (and server) had already been restarted.  I had checked the locations where the OST driver should have been installed and all looked good.  I have now checked with the bpstsinfo command and the HP OST Plugin does show.  I had not tried to create the storage server as the device is not physically connected yet.

Thanks to all for input.

AJ