cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 8.0 Basik Disk Staging keeps duplicating images and does not clean

mmoricz
Level 1

Dear All,

I have configured a basic disk storage unit and I'm using it as temporary staging area.

There's an automatic schedule to duplicate the images to tape and once the space reaches the high water mark, netbackup should clean up older images which already have moved to tape. The issue seems to be wierd as every time the relocation job runs it duplicates any image found on the DSU and when highwater mark is reached it does not clear at all. Even when we run "nbdelete -allvolumes -force" or "bpimage -allclients -cleanup" nothing happens.

We have configured global log level to 5 on the media server, but we cannot see any errors and the duplication jobs are also completing successfully.

Any idea of any parameter or bug which can cause this behaviour?

Thanks for the help,

Miro.

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Do you have admin log folders on master and media servers?
And bpdm log folder on the media server?

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

what are the high and low water mark values for this Disk staging storage unit?

DO you see any image clean up job failures in Activity Moniter?

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I think what you are seing is normal behaviour. Netbackup will only delete staged backup images if space needed on disk. It will not delete a backup image on disk just becuase it has been staged. 

See: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000030287 (DOCUMENTATION: Description of NetBackup Disk Staging Relocation Behavior).