cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 8.3 BYO Universal share nginx problem

Bengt_H
Level 3
Partner Accredited

When trying to confugure universal share on BYO Netbackup 8.3 i get this error in the Web GUI:

Failed to get version from the Storage Platform Web Service. For Instant Access Build Your Own, ensure that Nginx is running and configured correctly. For more details, refer to the NetBackup Web UI VMware Administrator's Guide.

Error details

• errorCode: 4032

Cheking for Nginx status give this result:

systemctl status nginx.service
● nginx.service - The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2020-08-06 08:27:42 CEST; 1min 38s ago
Main PID: 38516 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Aug 06 08:27:42 nbumaster systemd[1]: Starting The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server...
Aug 06 08:27:42 nbumaster nginx[40861]: nginx: [emerg] cannot load certificate "/etc/nginx/keys/spws.cert": BIO_new_file() failed (SSL: error:02001002:syste...such file)
Aug 06 08:27:42 nbumaster nginx[40861]: nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
Aug 06 08:27:42 nbumaster systemd[1]: nginx.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
Aug 06 08:27:42 nbumaster systemd[1]: Failed to start The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server.
Aug 06 08:27:42 nbumaster systemd[1]: Unit nginx.service entered failed state.
Aug 06 08:27:42 nbumaster systemd[1]: nginx.service failed.
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
[root@nbumaster NetBackup_8.3_LinuxR_x86_64]#

Checking the /etc/nginx/keys for spws.cert file and there is no files in the /etc/nginx/keys folder!

The /ect/nginx/conf.d/ has a byo.conf file so something is getting correct during storage setup and config via the Web GUI.

For some reason the spws.cert and spws.key files are not created?

Any ideeas why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bengt_H
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Problem solved, due to my inexperience with Red Hat and Linux I had not given the server a domain name just a host name.
I named the server nbumaster and when I change it to nbumaster.demo everyting works as it shuld..
Must be a problem with certificate generation when you do not have a domain set...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Bengt_H 

This option is still very new, so I doubt that there will be a lot of experience of BYO Universal Share in this community.

Maybe best to log a Support call with Veritas? 

Bengt_H
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Support case is created.
I will share the findings with the community.

Bengt_H
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Problem solved, due to my inexperience with Red Hat and Linux I had not given the server a domain name just a host name.
I named the server nbumaster and when I change it to nbumaster.demo everyting works as it shuld..
Must be a problem with certificate generation when you do not have a domain set...